Your privacy is very important to us. As a user of our unique family of websites (www.VirginiaNavigator.org, www.SeniorNavigator.org, www.disAbilityNavigator.org, www.VeteransNavigator.org) (collectively and individually referred to herein as the “SeniorNavigator® Website” or the “Website”), you will have access to comprehensive information and accurate, in-depth details about local services and providers. We want you to feel as comfortable as possible visiting the Website and using the services offered therein. This Privacy Statement tells you what information we collect, how we protect it, and what choices you have about how that information is used. We urge you to read the following Privacy Statement so that you will understand both our commitment to you and your privacy, and how you can participate in that commitment.
Personal Information We Collect
- You do not have to register as a member of SeniorNavigator® in order to use the Website. If you do not register with SeniorNavigator®, you will not be able to use all of the features of the Website. For example, you must register to become a member in order to use the Ask-an-Expert feature on the Website, as well as tools related to our Solution Centers.
- If you choose to register to become a member of SeniorNavigator or the Website, we will collect the following information from you, which will be stored in your file (which we call your "Profile") on our Website. (Donor information is not considered to be a part of member profile, nor is your donor information stored in your profile.) The following indicates each item that is required as part of registration:
- Email address (required)
- Password (required)
- Security Question (required)
- Security Answer (required)
- First Name (required)
- Gender (required)
- Year of Birth (required)
- ZIP code (required)
- You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your member name or Profile. It is your sole responsibility to (1) control the dissemination and use of your email address; (2) to authorize, monitor and control access to your password; and (3) to promptly notify us of any need to deactivate your password. By becoming a member of SeniorNavigator®, you grant us and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Website the right to receive, transmit, monitor, retrieve, store and use your Personal Information, including information which may be privileged and/or confidential under applicable state and federal laws, in connection with the operation of our Website and our maintenance of your Profile.
- The Website allows visitors the ability to share select personal information with third-party service providers in the form of what we call a “self-referral”. The information will be used by the provider in a manner designated by the consumer (e.g., send an e-packet, contact the consumer, etc.) This personalized self-referral service is offered free of charge. The following list includes each item of personal information that a consumer may provide to SeniorNavigator and third parties via the self-referral, with required fields indicated:
- Email Address (required)
- Your Name (required)
- Phone Number (optional)
- If you chose to communicate with us through our "Provide Feedback" form ("Feedback Form") found by clicking on the "Provide Feedback" link, Info link or via Ask an Expert, we will collect your name and email address, together with any comments or feedback you may have. Identifying information collected through our Feedback Form is used only to facilitate our ability to respond to you by return email, and is not otherwise used.
- Because the Website is intended to be unique Internet guidebooks for Virginians, we do not knowingly collect information from organizations and individuals located outside of the United States, including the European Union.
Disclosure of Information We Collect
- Except as set forth in this section, we will not disclose to any unaffiliated company information we gather from you that could be used to contact you (your "Personal Information"). We will consider, and may release, Personal Information to third parties to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order. We will also provide Personal Information to our suppliers when it is necessary for them to provide us with products and services related to better operation and maintenance of our Website. For example, in order to process your online donation we will request credit card approval through a select company. We will request that each of these suppliers not further use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than providing us or you with products or services. Of course, we cannot guarantee their compliance with our requests.
- We may provide information about you that does not allow you to be identified to, or contacted by, third parties ("Aggregate Information"). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our site and the activities they conduct while on our site. We also might share information regarding the demographics of our members, such as their year of birth, gender or zip code.
- We do not compile, buy, sell, rent or trade consumer mailing lists. Information provided by you to us during registration or when you make an online “self-referral” or donation may, however, be used for future marketing and educational efforts directed to you by SeniorNavigator®.
- We may from time to time seek to have our site certified by independent certification organizations. Such certifications may require an audit of our Website, including your Personal Information and the Aggregate Information. While we request that each such certification organization not further use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than auditing this Website for compliance with its certification qualifications, we cannot guarantee their compliance with our request.
How We Handle Privacy Internally
- SeniorNavigator® uses reasonable security measures to protect the Personal Information you submit to it. We will store your Personal Information in our database for a time period reasonable enough to ensure that the information remains current. We will update our database periodically to ensure that it remains current, and will purge your Personal Information when we believe it is no longer valid or current.
Your Privacy Choices
- When you register to become a member of the Website, you will provide certain required identifying information which will help us better design and maintain our Website.
- We are committed to providing reasonable and practical access to allow you to identify inaccuracies in your Personal Information. You have the right to access your Profile. You may submit inquiries about the accuracy of Personal Information that you have submitted previously to us. You may also request to have information removed. When practical, we will, upon your request, modify or delete your Personal Information. If you would like to review and/or revise your Personal Information, you may email us at: email@example.com or write to us at SeniorNavigator®, 7501 Boulder View Drive, Suite 630, North Chesterfield, Virginia 23225.