If you have Fee-For-Service (FFS) Medicaid, Managed Care Organization (MCO), or Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plus (CCC+) you may be eligible for Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) services. This service will take you to Medicaid-covered services such as medical and health care appointments, supported employment and day support programs.
- Please note that not all Medicaid plans have transportation benefits.
- Non-Emergency Transportation services vary in each community.
If you qualify for transportation benefits your ride is free. Please contact the FFS Transportation Broker, MCO, or CCC+ plan to ask questions, make reservations, or make a complaint. Link to current reservation and ride assist telephone numbers.
You can call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Needed rides can be scheduled 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call at least five days in advance of your appointment. When you call, be ready to provide:
- your Medicaid number or Medicaid Plan ID
- date and time of your appointment
- pick-up and drop-off addresses
- if you need a pharmacy trip after your appointment please request this trip when calling in your reservation. Have the address of the pharmacy as well as the additional information listed above.
Ask for an URGENT trip if you have a sudden illness and your doctor is willing to see you in less than five days.
Transportation services include Transportation Providers, Volunteer Drivers, Public Transit tickets and a Gas Reimbursement Program. Provider Drivers and Volunteer Drivers are trained in passenger assistance and defensive driving. Transportation services will pay gas reimbursement to family, friend or neighbors who drive you to your Medicaid covered appointments. The Gas Reimbursement Program will pay a qualified driver for mileage when the driver uses their own vehicle to give you a ride. Link to additional information about FFS NEMT Transportation.